We’ve been tweeting a little today about snacks for the big day – essential to achieving bright eyes and that big smile down the aisle and beyond. While we encourage Brides to plan ahead, we also advise maids to consider keeping the bride supplied with appropriate light munchies one of your wedding day duties, right up there with your classic bridal emergency kit with aspirin/extra hose/clear nail polish..you know the drill. (one addition we recommend that we don’t see on all the normal lists: white duct tape. Does wonders in dress situations).
Some snack thoughts.
DON’T GIVE THE BRIDE (for the sake of the dress and all that is holy)
- Anything that makes you feel like you need to wipe your hands off afterwards
- Anything that drips, melts, or oozes (definitely no chocolate)!
- Anything too strong tasting (spicy, garlicky, etc)
- Anything she hates/might be allergic to. Check with her in advance!
- Dry, unsalted nuts such as almonds or walnuts.
DO KEEP ON HAND
- A planned time for a small sandwich or salad with chopped egg BEFORE the dress/makeup go on.
- Lots of water – and straws for sipping without disturbing make-up/hair
- healthy, portable, small serving snacks: baby carrots, almonds, string cheese. Nature Valley granola bars are great too. No fancy flavors – just the plain ones.
Last, we know that some in some families and some cultures there is a toast or drink before the ceremony. We encourage brides and their maids to sip, and wait until after the formalities to celebrate. Be present for this moment – it’s a big one.
Snack on, everyone!