As a newly engaged person, people will want help finding love’s golden ticket. You’ll need tips for those who ask, “How did you do it? How do I find someone?” Here are our best 5. Your most stubborn friends may actually listen for once – that’s the power of the ring.
1. Get out of the house. Your true love will not magically fall into your apartment. Get out in the world, and do things you enjoy. Check out “Meetup.Com.” In Palm Springs alone there are groups for bowling, swing dancing, and a “booze-n’books” club. People watching at a café works too (provided you eventually engage with some of your watchees). Just say no to TiVo.
2. Be open to all avenues. It’s a numbers game, so don’t write off the online sites because they’re non-traditional. Ask around – chances are you know married couples who’ve met on e-harmony, Match.com and/or Jdate. Don’t want to pay? Check out the 100% free PlentyOfFish.com.
3. Don’t be so picky. Relax on the “musts.” Does your new house have every single thing you dreamed of? No. Same goes for people. At worst, it’s an hour at Starbucks with a weirdo, with the silver lining of a great story to tell. At best, it’s lifelong happiness. Do you really want to leave that on the table because of your laundry list of requirements?
4. Say “yes.” Make a practice of letting other people’s ideas work for you. Fix me up? Yes! Come camping for the weekend? Yes! Learn to play the drums? Yes! The adage is “everything happens for a reason,” but really it starts by you choosing to let it happen. Do you want to fall in love? Yes!
5. The Universal Three Foot Rule. Let the universe know that you want to bring someone into your life. Put it out there as a positive thought. Then, tell everyone within three feet of you. Everybody knows somebody – and somebody knows who’s holding your golden ticket.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, and luck in love!
- Taking A Second Look (miraculouslove.wordpress.com)
- Finding Love: Chasing the Cat (sweet-tea-theology.com)
- Fishing in a New Pond..? (theloveproject2010.com)