Lists are an important part of planning any big project, but the wedding industry has fetishized lists: the checklist is the most used tool in a planners vocabulary to keep things organized and under control. So here it is – my top five list of tips about lists:
1) Stay Flexible. Sticking too strictly to a list can derail any good plan. Allow for some flexibility- don’t make plans/time/life less efficient because of your list.
2) Stay Realistic. Nothing feels worse than not accomplishing goals – so when you put too much on one list, you’re shooting yourself in the foot. If your list is do-able, you’ll get it done and feel great.
3) Stay Calm. Sometimes writing down everything you need to do can be overwhelming! If lists freak you out, try limiting yours to three or five items at a time. If you’re still panicky, maybe they aren’t the best organizational tool for you.
4) Stay focused. Use the list to keep you on task. Dawdling in front of the candles at the craft store? Check the list. Where are you supposed to be? Re-orient yourself around the task at hand and get on with your productive day.
5) Stay happy. All tough stuff on the list will wear you down. Make sure you tack on a task or stop that makes you happy! A milkshake, or visit to a favorite local park, make sure to put yourself on the list. You’re important too!
So there you have it, a list about lists. Ready to make your own? Get going!
Be well, and love well.